Thursday, April 24, 2008

A hairy situation

A few weeks ago I finished A Drowned Maiden’s Hair and I am barely writing about it now. I know; I know I am bad. Anyway, I didn’t think I would like the book because it is historical and I generally don’t go for historical fiction. It was a pretty good book though. It made me realize (again) that I should be willing to try different genres.

Well, to get to the book. It is about a girl, Maud who lives in an orphanage until she gets adopted by a pair of sisters. The sisters are really nice to her at first but something seems wrong. It turns out that the sisters are crooks (they perform séances and trick people) and they want Maud to be a part of the business. They convince Maud to help them and she finds herself in many “hairy” situations (i.e. wearing wigs and costumes) to make the séances more real. Everything goes well until one of the séances put Maud in real danger…

To find out if Maud makes it to safety, read the book. It is a quick read and worth checking out.

No comments: