Friday, December 7, 2007

Wall-Flower Power

Okay, so The Perks of Being a Wallflower really did live up to the hype! It is great when that sort of things happen. Basically the book is made up of letters written by the a 9th grader “Charlie” (whose real name is never revealed), to an anonymous friend. It is neat because as you read, you become the anonymous friend and you get to understand the essence of Charlie and why he is such a wallflower. I also find the song and book references throughout the book interesting.

By the time I finished the book I started thinking about the fact that everyone is a wallflower in some way. There is always one area where someone does not feel comfortable and becomes an introvert. For me it is going to parties where I only know one person. I pretty much stick to the wall or the one friend I came with.

When do you become an introvert? What do you think are the perks of being a wallflower?

P.S. If you are sensitive about drug use, sexual situations, relationships, mental stability, and high school in general, you may not want to read this book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'll check out that book, when I get a chance...

When am I an introvert? Uh, I don't really know. Mostly when I first meet someone, and don't know much about them, I guess.

Anonymous said...

Oh, forgot to mention that I like the new layout. And I looked at the upcoming reading list. It looks good. ;)